This assessment is designed for fleet owners and organisations who wish to fulfil their duty of care and assess their employees’ driving skills.
A Report is prepared with the results from a road rules knowledge test, the fundamentals of safe driving, increased awareness whilst driving and general on-road evaluation of skills. This will provide an indication of the employee’s level of driving standard. It will also highlight areas that require further improvement and may require additional training or review.
- One off bulk assessment of your employees.
- Ad hoc assessment whenever you take on a new employee.
- Ad hoc assessment for an employee that has had an accident.
Customised Driving Assessments
We offer customised assessments depending on the type of vehicle and the task being undertaken. These include:
- Typical Sedans
- Four wheel drive vehicles
Mini buses or vehicles that transport passengers e.g. nursing homes, charitable organisations.
In addition to the usual topics, this will cover: passenger comfort, avoiding distractions from passengers.
- Delivery vans.
The assessment will cover:
- road rules sample, understanding and implementation
- general driving ability,
- creation of risk avoidance space
- concentration and avoidance of distractions
- ability to plan ahead
- economical use of a vehicle
- For delivery vans, special attention is paid to:
- Pre-start checklist
- vehicle capabilities,
- attitude on the road,
- blind spots
- loads, secure to prevent movement, drive to suit load.
There are two versions of this one-on-one driving assessment:
- Assessment Only
- Employee completes a Road Rules test
- Observation of practical driving ability
- We give the employer a written Assessment Report
- Assessment and Tutorial
The main objective is to improve the employee’s driving and therefore corrective advice is given whenever it is appropriate.
- Discussion of Road Rules (no test)
- Observation and commentary on driving ability, fault identification and rectification, awareness of traffic around them and potential for conflict.
- No report.
Improving the employee’s driving performance:
- assists the general driving public,
- reflects a better public image of the organisation
- we also bring to their attention the importance of economical driving.
For more detailed training we recommend our On Road Defensive Driver course for all drivers.
This course is available at
- Our training site at Yatala, Queensland, which is located on the South-eastern edge of Brisbane, on the way to the Gold Coast.
- At your location anywhere in Australia. There may be a Charge for Travel when time spent travelling both to and from the training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.
Please contact us for assessment prices.