FWPCOT3329 Perform Complex 4WD Operations
This course is designed for the Forestry Industry.
This course has replaced FWPFG3215 since February 2023.
The course applies to people who operate a four-wheel drive in forest, timber processing, agriculture, horticulture, conservation and land management training.
We can deliver the FWPCOT3329 4WD training course:
- at any one of our driver training facilities in:
- Yatala, Queensland
(between Brisbane and the Gold Coast)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
(4 hours inland from the Sunshine Coast or 4 hours north-west of Brisbane ).
- Yatala, Queensland
- Anywhere in Australia
We can send our driver training instructors to your location, anywhere in Australia, to deliver the FWPCOT3329 Perform Complex Four Wheel Drive Operations driver training course. A Charge for Travel may apply when time spent travelling both to and from training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.
Legislative, licensing, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this training course can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors.
Please contact us for course prices
Driven Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (40780)
FWPCOT3329 – Course Structure
The FWPCOT3329 Perform Complex Four Wheel Drive Operations course consists of:
- Sign-in and induction
- Classroom presentation and discussion
- Static practical lessons around the vehicle
- Hands-on lessons and assessment inside a four wheel drive vehicle
- There will be some self paced study.
The course is run with a candidate to assessor ratio of 3-1.
FWPCOT3329 – Information Topics Covered
The classroom lesson covers the following topics:
- Legal requirements and company policies and procedure, land access
- Prestart and post operational checks, fault finding, load security
- Defensive driving techniques, animals, wet roads, night driving, environmental impacts
- Journey management, weather restrictions, fatigue, using a GPS, communication, convoy procedures
- Four-wheel drive systems, free-wheeling hubs, differences 2wd-4wd & constant 4wd
- On road and off road driving techniques, hazard identification
- Water crossings, risks, pre-entry checks, post-exit checks
- Emergency procedures
Unit of competency: Here is the official government definition of the subjects that are covered in the FWPCOT3329 driver training course.
FWPCOT3329 – Practical Component
On the FWPCOT3329 four wheel drive course you’ll be given 4 hours of practical training in a vehicle, covering the following topics:
- Journey management, food, water etc., how to programme a GPS
- Basic maintenance, charging a battery, jump start vehicle, changing bulbs and fuses
- Prestart and post operational checks, how to secure loads, fault repair
- Driving on unsealed roads, emergency braking
- Water crossings, set up, risks, post crossing checks
- Driving on rugged or uneven terrain, up & down hills, on rocks, sand, mud
- Recover vehicle from hillside, reverse and forward stalls
Training Packages that Include FWPCOT3329:
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package
- Forest and Wood Products Training Package
- Public Safety Public Safety
Training Qualifications that Include FWPCOT3329:
The FWPCOT3329 is a required training component for the following qualifications:
- AHC30122 Certificate III in Agriculture
- PUA30719 Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- FWP30122 Certificate III in Forest Operations
- AHC32822 Certificate III in Rural Operations
- AHC31421 Certificate III in Conservation and Ecosystem Management
More Driver Training Courses
See our other courses: