The course applies to people who operate a four-wheel drive in forest and timber processing environments.
We can deliver the FWPFGM3215 4WD training course:
- at any one of our driver training facilities in:
- Yatala, Queensland
(between Brisbane and the Gold Coast)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
(4 hours inland from the Sunshine Coast or 4 hours north-west of Brisbane ).
- Yatala, Queensland
- Anywhere in Australia
We can send our driver training instructors to your location, anywhere in Australia, to deliver the FWPFGM3215 Perform Complex 4WD Operations driver training course.
Please contact us for course prices
FWPFGM3215 – Course Structure
The FWPFGM3215 four wheel drive course consists of:
- Sign-in and induction
- Classroom presentation and discussion
- Static practical lessons around the vehicle
- Hands-on lessons and assessment inside a four wheel drive vehicle.
The course is run with a candidate to assessor ratio of 3-1.
FWPFGM3215 – Information Topics Covered
The classroom lesson covers the following topics:
- Legal requirements and company policies and procedure, land access
- Prestart and post operational checks, fault finding, load security
- Defensive driving techniques, animals, wet roads, night driving, environmental impacts
- Journey management, weather restrictions, fatigue, using a GPS, communication, convoy procedures
- Four-wheel drive systems, free-wheeling hubs, differences 2wd-4wd & constant 4wd
- On road and off road driving techniques, hazard identification
- Water crossings, risks, pre-entry checks, post-exit checks
- Emergency procedures
Unit of competency: Here is the official government definition of the subjects that are covered in the FWPFGM3215 driver training course.
FWPFGM3215 – Practical Component
On the FWPFGM3215 four wheel drive course you’ll be given 4 hours of practical training in a vehicle, covering the following topics:
- Journey management, food, water etc., how to programme a GPS
- Basic maintenance, charging a battery, jump start vehicle, changing bulbs and fuses
- Prestart and post operational checks, how to secure loads, fault repair
- Driving on unsealed roads, emergency braking
- Water crossings, set up, risks, post crossing checks
- Driving on rugged or uneven terrain, up & down hills, on rocks, sand, mud
- Recover vehicle from hillside, reverse and forward stalls
Training Packages that Include FWPFGM3215:
- Public Safety
- Forest and Wood Products Training Package
Training Qualifications that Include FWPFGM3215:
The FWPFGM3215 is a required training component for the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- Certificate III in Harvesting and Haulage
- Certificate III in Forest Growing and Management
More Driver Training Courses
See our other courses: