Covid Safe Checkin:
This 4×4 driver training course teaches you how to operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This course covers the following areas:
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use four-wheel drive mode
- Coordinate and recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles
- Recovery in the field.
We can deliver the RIIVEH305F 4WD training module:
- at any one of our driver training facilities in:
- Chinchilla, Queensland
(four hours north-west of Brisbane or four hours inland from the Sunshine Coast).
- Yatala, Queensland
(midway between the Gold Coast and Brisbane)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
- Anywhere in Australia
Our training instructors can also go to anywhere in Australia, to facilitate the RIIVEH305F Operate and Maintain a 4WD Vehicle driver training course. There may be a Charge for Travel when time spent travelling both to and from training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.
This course is for the experienced four wheel driver or those requiring a refresher course.
Please contact us for course pricing.
Driven Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (40780)
RIIVEH305F – Course Structure
The RIIVEH305F four wheel drive driving course consists of:
- Sign-in and induction
- Classroom presentation and discussion
- Static practical lessons around the vehicle
- Hands-on lessons and assessment driving a 4WD
- There will be some self paced study.
RIIVEH305F – Information Topics Covered
The following topics are covered in the theory lessons:
- Prestart & post operational checks, securing load, fault finding
- Legal requirements and company policies and procedure – land access
- Defensive driving techniques – night driving, wet roads, animals, environmental impacts
- Journey management – fatigue, using GPS, convoy procedures, communication, weather restrictions
- Four-wheel drive systems – free-wheeling hubs, differences between 2wd-4wd, constant 4wd
- On & off road driving techniques – hazard identification
- Vehicle recovery methods: sand mats, airbags, winching
- Emergency procedures
Unit of competency: Here’s the official government definition of the subjects that are covered in the RIIVEH305F driver training.
RIIVEH305F – Practical Component
On the RIIVEH305F driver training course you’ll have 4 hours of practical training in a 4×4 vehicle covering the following skills:
- Prestart and post operational checks – load security, fault repair
- Journey management – water, food, GPS, route planning, staying in contact etc.
- Driving on sealed and unsealed roads, emergency braking
- Driving on uneven terrain, up and down hills, on sand, in mud, over rocks
- Changing a wheel on uneven terrain
- Vehicle recovery methods: winching, sand mats, airbags
- Basic maintenance: changing fuses and light bulbs, charging a battery, jump starting a vehicle
Training Packages that Include RIIVEH305F:
- Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- Business Services Training Package
Training Qualifications that Include RIIVEH305F:
The RIIVEH305F is a required training component for the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
- Certificate III in Drilling Operations
- Certificate III in Mining Exploration
- Certificate III in Resource Processing
- Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Certificate II in Well Servicing Operations
- Certificate II in Drilling Operations
- Certificate II in Mining / Field Exploration
- Certificate II in Resource Processing
- Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations
- Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
More Driver Training Courses
See our other courses: