This 4×4 driver training course teaches you how to operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This course covers the following areas:
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use four-wheel drive mode
- Coordinate and recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles
Please note this course has changed, from a 1-day course to a 2-day course because the course requirements changed, adding an increased amount of content, some of which must be done twice to comply with training.gov requirements.
We can deliver the RIIVEH305F 4WD training module:
- at any one of our driver training facilities in:
- Chinchilla, Queensland
(four hours north-west of Brisbane or four hours inland from the Sunshine Coast).
- Yatala, Queensland
(midway between the Gold Coast and Brisbane)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
- Anywhere in Australia
Our training instructors can also go to anywhere in Australia, to facilitate the RIIVEH305F Operate and Maintain a 4WD Vehicle driver training course.
Please contact us for course pricing.
RIIVEH305F – Course Structure
The RIIVEH305F four wheel drive driving course consists of:
- Sign-in and induction
- Classroom presentation and discussion
- Static practical lessons around the vehicle
- Hands-on lessons and assessment driving a 4WD.
RIIVEH305F – Information Topics Covered
The following topics are covered in the theory lessons:
- Prestart & post operational checks, securing load, fault finding
- Legal requirements and company policies and procedure – land access
- Defensive driving techniques – night driving, wet roads, animals, environmental impacts
- Journey management – fatigue, using GPS, convoy procedures, communication, weather restrictions
- Four-wheel drive systems – free-wheeling hubs, differences between 2wd-4wd, constant 4wd
- On & off road driving techniques – hazard identification
- Vehicle recovery methods: sand mats, airbags, winching
- Emergency procedures
Unit of competency: Here’s the official government definition of the subjects that are covered in the RIIVEH305F driver training.
RIIVEH305F – Practical Component
On the RIIVEH305F driver training course you’ll have 4 hours of practical training in a 4×4 vehicle covering the following skills:
- Prestart and post operational checks – load security, fault repair
- Journey management – water, food, GPS, route planning, staying in contact etc.
- Driving on sealed and unsealed roads, emergency braking
- Driving on uneven terrain, up and down hills, on sand, in mud, over rocks
- Changing a wheel on uneven terrain
- Vehicle recovery methods: winching, sand mats, airbags
- Basic maintenance: changing fuses and light bulbs, charging a battery, jump starting a vehicle
Training Packages that Include RIIVEH305F:
- Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
- Business Services Training Package
Training Qualifications that Include RIIVEH305F:
The RIIVEH305F is a required training component for the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Well Servicing Operations
- Certificate III in Drilling Operations
- Certificate III in Mining Exploration
- Certificate III in Resource Processing
- Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Certificate II in Well Servicing Operations
- Certificate II in Drilling Operations
- Certificate II in Mining / Field Exploration
- Certificate II in Resource Processing
- Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations
- Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
More Driver Training Courses
See our other courses: